Whether you are buying or selling a business or shares in a company there are many aspects which you are unlikely to be familiar with, particularly if you haven’t gone through such a process before.
For example in a business/asset transaction you will usually need advice on the following issues:
- Identification of the assets and liabilities to be sold
- Payment terms including earn outs and retentions
- Warranties, indemnities and disclosure
- VAT considerations
- Stock valuation provisions
- Ongoing supplier and customer contracts
- IT and IP issues such as websites and trademarks
- Goodwill protection
- Apportionments of the price and outgoings
- Release of assets from lenders’ charges
We also have considerable experience in advising on management buy-outs and buy-ins including venture capital and other corporate finance aspects relating to acquisitions of this kind.