We are looking for a full time Conveyancing Assistant to join our award winning Conveyancing department. The successful candidate will support a solicitor in delivering a 5 * conveyancing service. Winston Solicitors aim and succeed at exceeding their client’s expectations, you don't have to take our word for it but look at our reviews.
Working proactively as a team with a conveyancing solicitor to provide high quality efficient conveyancing services to clients whilst maintaining excellent relationships with estate agents, lenders, referrers and other 3rd parties.
This is a fast paced challenging role with multiple and conflicting deadlines therefore you need to be highly organised, have knowledge and experience of conveyancing and be an excellent administrator and communicator.
For further information, please see the job description below.
Deadline: 13th January 2021
Start date: As soon as possible in the New Year.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:45-5:30
Salary: Based on experience
On site Free Parking
Location: 112 Street Lane, Roundhay, Leeds, LS8 2AL
Will be in own office/large shared office with 1 person (social distancing maintained throughout office with lots of ventilation).
Location Winston Solicitors 112 Street Lane Leeds LS8 2AL
Reports to Conveyancing Partner, accountable to Conveyancing Executives, Practice Manager and Partners.
Job purpose: Working proactively as a team with a conveyancing solicitor to provide high quality efficient conveyancing services to clients whilst maintaining excellent relationships with estate agents, lenders, referrers and other 3rd parties. This is a fast paced challenging role with multiple and conflicting deadlines therefore you need to be highly organised, have knowledge of conveyancing and be an excellent administrator and communicator.
Hours: Full time (8:45-5:30) Monday to Friday
Assist the fee-earner across the whole of the conveyancing transaction but specifically:
1. Updating clients with progress of their matter and responding to enquiries from clients, the other side, estate agents, referrers, lenders and other third parties in writing, in person or on the telephone
2. File management – file notes, emails, updating case management system, dealing with incoming and outgoing post
3. Administrative duties such as typing and word processing, photocopying, filing and scanning, and undertaking various duties as delegated
4. Request searches, relevant documents, redemption statements, deeds and required information from the Land Registry, Search Providers, lenders and other 3rd parties
5. Adhering to all anti-money laundering procedures, performing AML checks and compliance with the firm’s accounting procedures
6. Managing fee-earner’s emails in their absence
7. Provide quotes to prospective clients
8. Draft transfer deed and replies to requisitions where required
9. Prepare for exchange of contracts
10. Prepare completion statements, bills and set the file up for completion
11. Entering client details and matter details accurately on the Case management system, opening files and preparing the necessary paperwork for the clients.
12. Responsibility for post completion process, including submitting Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns submission and service of notices relating to assignments and mortgages of leasehold property.
13. To ensure compliance with mortgage lender post completion requirements and file closures.
14. Closing files, filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
15. To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
16. Highlight any issues or concerns regarding the file to the fee-earner
17. Any additional duties as required to help with the smooth running of the practice.
Essential Skills Required
• Excellent data input skills
• Excellent communicator and team player
• Must be able to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Skilled in establishing priorities and managing own workload
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities
• Capable of using diplomacy, tact and sensitivity when dealing with others
• Possess commercial awareness and be able to raise firm’s profile for business opportunities
• Ability to make timely and well considered decisions
Essential Knowledge required
• An understanding of residential conveyancing from beginning to end
Essential Experience required
• Working in a conveyancing department as a secretary or assistant
• Experience of working with case management systems
Desirable Knowledge required
• Law degree
• Knowledge of commercial property
• Knowledge of other areas of law
Essential Behavioural characteristics
• Commitment to continuous improvement and high quality service
• High degree of personal integrity and commitment to fairness, diversity and equality
• Willingness to learn and develop, participating actively in training and development
• Genuine willingness and desire to progress themselves, the department and business they work within