Skip to main content

A legal expense insurance policy help pays for a solicitor’s fees when acting for you in certain circumstances. Many people have legal expenses insurance which has been provided, for example, together with a motor or house insurance policy, or through a credit card, trades union or motoring organisation such as the AA or RAC. Such policies often cover the legal fees involved in bringing a claim for compensation in the event of a serious injury. Your solicitor will guide and assist you in investigating whether you have this type of cover.