Whether you are a start up business unfamiliar with leases and require help from an early stage of the negotiations, an expanding business which has already agreed heads of terms and wants to take early occupation to maximise its commercial advantage or a landlord wanting to secure the best possible lease from a tenant to protect the value of your investment, we are here to help. We provide pragmatic, cost effective legal advice on:
- Preparation and negotiation of new leases
- Lease renewals
- Assignments of existing leases often as part of a business sale or purchase
- Obtaining landlords consent for alterations, assignment and subletting
- Terminating leases and exercising break clauses
- Lease surrenders
- Repairing obligations
- Rent review
- Service charges
- Serviced office accommodation
- Shop Leases
- Office Leases
- Industrial Unit Leases
- Tenancies at will / licences to occupy
- Sale and leaseback arrangements
- Lease extensions
- Please note that we only deal with lease extensions where terms have been agreed (sometimes referred to as voluntary or informal lease extensions).
- We do not deal with the negotiation of premiums, the service of Section 42 Notices or the statutory procedure. Certain lenders will only accept statutory lease extensions.
We have advised numerous commercial landlords and tenants in the retail, office, industrial and leisure sectors and are specialists dedicated to providing the best possible legal advice to you and your business at affordable prices.
You can also check out what other services we offer at our Leeds solicitors.