Skip to main content

Road traffic accident claims

If you're a pedestrian, cyclist, driver, or car or bus passenger and you've been injured in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation from the responsible party. Please get in touch with us today.

Even if the motorist involved in the accident was uninsured or untraced, we may still be able to help.

I've been in a road traffic accident. How do I make a claim?

In the first instance, call us for an informal discussion of your case. We will then let you know if you have a potential claim and explain how we fund the claims on a 'no win, no fee' basis. 

If we agree to take your case on, we will then:

  1. Work out with the insurer who is liable for the accident.
  2. Gather evidence so that we can assess the value of your claim.

Who is liable for your claim?

Establishing liability is usually straightforward, but if there is any dispute then we have a team of experienced solicitors who specialise in this area. They have an excellent track record of success.

What's your claim worth?

Once we've established who is liable, we need to assess the value of the claim and agree it with the insurers. The value of the claim is known as 'Quantum' and comes in two parts - general and special damages

General damages

This is compensation you receive for your injuries. We will arrange for an independent medical expert to examine you and provide a detailed report on your injuries.

They may recommend that another specialist diagnoses or treats you and we'll arrange this for you on a private basis. This means you get the treatment you need, quickly.

You may need to see a number of experts covering both the physical and psychological injuries sustained in the accident.

Special damages

This compensation covers the losses or expenses you have suffered as a result of the accident or your injuries.

Special damages include loss of earnings, insurance excess, vehicle repairs, vehicle hire, prescription costs and travelling expenses. We‘ll assess your claim and seek advice from other experts if we need to.

The claims process

Most road traffic accident claims are straightforward and they are dealt with via an online portal. It's a streamlined process that's designed to make a financial settlement easy.

Some claims are complicated - for example if no-one has admitted liability, or your injury is complex. In these situations we will deal with your claim outside the portal. The steps are the same but the process may take longer as further investigation is likely.

We can deal with claims when the driver involved was uninsured, untraced or registered abroad.

If you've been involved in a road traffic accident and want to discuss a claim, give our specialist car accident claims solicitors a call today on 0113 320 5000 for an informal chat or email @email