Have you been unfairly dismissed from your job?
If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Unfair dismissal is when you are dismissed from your job for a reason that is not fair or justified. There are five fair reasons for dismissal under the Employment Rights Act 1996. In addition, there are a number of reasons why a dismissal may be considered unfair, including:
- Discrimination: If you were dismissed because of your age, race, gender, religion, or other protected characteristic, your dismissal may be unfair.
- Breach of contract: If your employer dismissed you in breach of your contract of employment, your dismissal may also be unfair.
- Wrongful dismissal: If your employer dismissed you without giving you the correct amount of notice, your dismissal may also be unfair.
What is compensation for unfair dismissal?
If you are successful in your claim for unfair dismissal, you may be awarded compensation. The amount of compensation you are awarded will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Your length of service: The longer you have been employed, the more compensation you are likely to receive.
- Your age: Your age is also a factor that is taken into account when calculating compensation.
- Your weekly pay: The amount of your weekly pay will also affect the amount of compensation you are awarded.
- Any financial losses you have suffered as a result of your dismissal: If you have lost out on wages or other benefits as a result of your dismissal, you may be able to claim compensation for these losses.
We offer a guide as to how much you could claim by using our unfair dismissal calculator.
How to claim compensation for unfair dismissal:
If you believe that you have been unfairly dismissed, you should contact an employment law solicitor as soon as possible. Your solicitor will be able to advise you on whether you have a claim and help you to make a claim to an employment tribunal.
Winston Solicitors are experts in employment law. We have a team of experienced solicitors who can help you to claim compensation for unfair dismissal. We will work with you to understand your case and advise you on the best way to proceed. We will also represent you at an employment tribunal if necessary.