Thank you for taking the time to read about this firm. I established the practice in July 2002, initially as a sole practitioner working from home. The business has now grown to 4 partners and 40 members of staff.
I am proud of what we have achieved, during some difficult times for the profession as a whole. Our ethos of providing a complete quality, legal service with a local, approachable feel always has always been our focus.
These are some of our milestones:
- 2003 – We found the perfect premises, a period property set in ¾ acres of land, in the heart of Street Lane, the main commercial street in North Leeds.
- 2004 – 3 years ahead of schedule we grew to a 5 lawyer practice.
- 2005 – We took over Conway Kremer, founded in 1930, specialising in mainly private client and conveyancing.
- 2006 – With a total of 20 staff, our Roundhay office was at capacity. We took on additional premises pending a planning application to extend the office.
- 2008 – Work commenced on a 3,000sq ft extension.
- 2008 – Extension completed, increasing the office capacity to 55.
- 2009 – Winston Solicitors became one of the first practices to be granted an LDP (Legal Disciplinary Practice), enabling our valued non-solicitor marketing professional to become a partner.
- 2009 – We were awarded a ‘highly commended’ in the 1-11 partner category at the Leeds & Yorkshire Lawyer Awards.
- 2010 – We established an accountancy business, now trading as Winston Accountants, as well as a financial advice company, Winston Financial Management. These platforms allow us to offer a broad professional service to our clients.
- 2011 – One of the first firms in Yorkshire be awarded with the accreditation from the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).
- 2013 – MyMediation created, providing a dedicated family Mediation service.
- 2014 – Our Leeds City Centre office was opened in the heart of the legal and financial district, allowing clients the flexibility of two office locations.
- 2016 – A third office opened in Harrogate to provide our growing client base with legal advice at a local level.
- 2017 – ‘When Service Wins’ becomes comes our business focus and by the end of the year we have over 250 5 star reviews.
- 2018 – We are shortlisted in the Yorkshire Lawyer Awards for best law firm under 250 employees.
- 2019 – A fabulous year, culminating in receiving our 1000th 5 star review, and winning best Conveyancing Solicitors in West Yorkshire at the ESTAs presented by Phil Spencer in London, as well as being shortlisted for a number of other awards including best Client Care, Best Managing Partner and Rising star award.
- 2020 – January saw the eagerly awaited roll out of our in-house developed, cloud based case management system. Amongst its many new features, it was designed to enable our team to work much more flexibly (little did we know how important that would be).
During February we obtained LEXCEL reaccreditation, and heard the first mention of a virus seemingly affecting a part of China and some holidaymakers on skiing holiday in Italy.
And so to Covid-19 and the amazing way all teams at Winston Solicitors have managed to provide 5 star service working from home, or behind closed office doors. A real team effort ensuring Wills were witnessed, Property transactions completed and Settlement agreements promptly advised on.
- 2021 – On 1st January Winston Solicitors LLP became Winston Solicitors UK Limited. The change in status enabling more investment into the firm. Growth has continued with the appointment of a Joint Head of Family, along with new recruits to our Conveyancing and CICA departments. April will see our first trainee solicitor role for a number of years. Whilst our focus remains great service, fulfilling our motto ‘When Service Wins’. With over 2200 5 star reviews many received during lockdown we are ready to help you today.
We look forward to the future with confidence, optimism and enthusiasm. We believe that the key to our success is the people who work here. We are always seeking new opportunities and are always pleased to receive CVs directly from talented people.