We have adapted our will and LPA service to make them more accessible. During the current social restrictions caused by the Pandemic our will and LPA service will be available to you over Zoom and Skype. For those unable to use Zoom/Skype we are also offering the service over the telephone. Talk to us on 0113 320 5000 about making your will and LPA.
When would an LPA be useful
If you choose for a property and financial LPA to be used as soon as it has been registered (but only with your consent) then the document can be useful in many situations. Examples of when this can be useful are:
- If you have a physical reason for being unable to deal with your finances, for example:
- You are in hospital
- If it is difficult for you to travel to deal with your finances (e.g. travel to a bank)
- You are shielding/classed as vulnerable during a medical pandemic
- You are abroad and not able to deal with a matter
- You simply would prefer your attorney(s) to deal with the matter for you
A health and care LPA can only be used if you have lost capacity.
What situations could my LPA be used?
A property and finance LPA gives your attorney(s) the ability to:
- Manage your bank and savings accounts
- Make or sell investments
- Pay your bills
- Buy or sell a property on your behalf
A health and care LPA gives your attorney(s) the ability to:
- Your medical treatment including life sustaining treatment
- Where you live (moving into a care home)
- Day to day care (diet and daily routine)
Our experienced LPA team can give you the legal advice and guidance you need to make a suitable LPA. Please contact the team @email or call 0113 320 5000 for a no obligation chat about your circumstances.